I remember telling a coworker in Illinois that I was applying for a job in Arizona and I was really, really hoping I would get it. And I will never forget what she said, “Well, if you don’t get the job, at least you can say that you missed out on living in a desert.” Ha.
Well, for those of you who have yet to experience life in the desert, here are some things to be jealous of:
- This week, if finally cooled down….to 85 degrees
- Living here has brought the words “purple mountains majesty” to a beautiful reality
- CACTI EVERYWHERE! Seriously, the various cacti are so beautiful and so different than the reg’lar, ho-hum tree (the above picture is of my fave: the prickly pear! Reminds me of The Jungle Book…)
- Warm days/chilly, cozy nights
- No clouds mean the most beautiful starry nights. We can literally look up and see the Milky Way