A lesson in patience…

I certainly did not have the smoothest of mornings today. It all  began with me just being late. And tired. And sickly. (Yes, the second week of school and I already have a cold.) At any rate, I left eight minutes later than I normally do and it really made a WORLD of difference. It’s called: the bus. Why do we always call school buses “the bus” by the way…surely there is more than one, right? Anyways, I happened to get behind one while driving down a one lane highway, so I couldn’t pass it! And it stopped every twenty feet! I was so stressed about getting to school on time. And then my husband calls and tells me that I left my Special Star supplies at home! This week I am the Special Star, which means I can bring in pictures or collections or anything really cool that I own and I forgot everything! At this point I was devastated. So Aaron sweetly told me that he would get in the car and drive the thirty-two miles to my school so I could still be the Special Star.

While I did make it to school before it actually started, it was a close call. And then I was sitting at my desk intently looking over the math lesson for today when my cooperating teacher, Mrs. Fink, said, “Sweety, what are you doing?” to one of my favorite students (a really rowdy tike who can’t sit still and is ALWAYS the last person to finish.) And I look up and there he is tiptoeing around the room–I didn’t even notice! And he says, “I thought she was sleeping!!” Oh my, that was so precious! It really put a smile on my face after a lot of non-smiling just moments before!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s